- With the Datho VPN add-on, subscribers have the ability to connect, disconnect and toggle between different country servers without ever leaving Kodi (XBMC).
- Datho VPN offers over 70 servers in 17 countries in Asia, Europe, North & South America and Oceania.
- Currently, the most common way for a user to use a VPN on XBMC requires that they manually start a VPN connection on their computer's main operating system and then leave this connection running while they load XBMC. Turning off or changing VPN servers, requires a user to close XBMC and return to their main OS.
- Many set-ups, including most set-top box configurations, use XBMC as a “closed system” - i.e., the user stays within the confines of XBMC and do not have easy access to the underlying operating system.
- In some popular XBMC setups such as OpenELEC and RaspBMC, it is actually impossible to exit the XBMC environment and access the underlying operating system.
- While our add-on does with most popular third party VPN providers; only the Datho VPN service gives you real-time information on server availability and congestion.
Unlock geo-restricted video add-ons:
-Unlock XBMC's vast selection of top-quality legal content.
-Many popular and official XBMC add-ons are geo-restricted based on your location. BBC iPlayer, ITV, Australia, iView and major US networks
including AMC, A&E, Bravo, Comedy Central, ESPN, Food Network, etc.
-Get Neflix anywhere! Live in any country
Unlock geo-restricted music add-ons:
Access Pandora, Spotify, Vevo and more from anywhere in the world
Legal North American Sports:
With Datho VPN on XBMC; US & Canadian viewers can now subscribe and view the following services:
NFL Game Pass
- Normally available to viewers outside the US & Canada, NFL Game Pass gives you -
- All Preseason and Regular Season Games â€“ Live & On-Demand
- All Playoff Games & Superbowl XLIX
- NFL Network & NFL Red Zone
- Watch on nearly any device, including your TV
- Plans range from $199.99 for the Season Plus plan to $14.99 for full weekly access (Connect to a server in Belgium, Holland or Poland for these prices)- XBMC add-on available
MLB.TV, NBA International League Pass & NHL Gamecenter
Connect to a non-US server to watch all games (home & away) without any blackout or restrictions
Restore access to all your XBMC add-ons:
Enjoy uncensored and unrestricted access to the entire internet and unlock blocked web sites, add-ons and apps. Our VPN servers evade all government and ISP censorship restrictions.
- All data is fully encrypted and unreadable by third parties.
- No more threatening letters from your ISP for using torrent & P2P sites.
- Datho VPN allows unrestricted P2P streaming and we keep no log files. This means there is no record of your online activities on Datho servers.
- Keep all your streaming activities invisible from third parties & marketers. What you watch on XBMC is your business and nobody else's!
Avoid Network Throttling
In many countries, particularly the US, ISPs purposely slow down the speeds of popular streaming & gaming sites. Datho VPN on XBMC encrypts all web traffic, making it impossible for your ISP to identify and slow down this traffic. Many users will find greatly increased performance for services such as Netflix.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an Internet privacy and encryption tool that should be considered if safeguarding your data or online anonymity is important to you.
VPN is an easy privacy tool to use and offers many features that enhance your daily Internet experience.
A VPN secures your data and protects your privacy from hacker, marketers and other malicious 3rd parties. It is particular for Wi-Fi hotspots or other public networks, where any data you send on your computer can be easily intercepted.
VPNs also help circumvent Internet censorship & geo-blocking, while helping prevent network throttling. Some users may find their video streaming and gaming connections improve using a VPN.
Aside from the fact that it's very easy to install and use, our application has a automatic reconnect feature.
By configuring the application to start at system startup and connect automatically you save time and possible security breaches. If your connection is terminated for some reason, our application will reconnect to the selected server, on it's own, thus keeping you protected.
There are multiple factors that can affect the speed of a server, such as:
-The current protocol that you are using to connect
-Your physical location
-Where the website that you are trying to visit is located
-The network that connection takes to reach its desired destination
-The number of people that are currently using the same server In general it is always preferable to use a server that is close to you and your destination. If you are not happy with your speed, you can always try a different server or different protocol for better results.